My Life

My Life
I am happily married for 38 years. We have 3 married children and 6 beautiful grandchildren.Join me as I journey through life...

Thursday, October 11, 2012

It's been a while

I haven't posted for a while. We have been very busy with my husband's mother. She fell in March and has been having difficulties ever since. It's very sad, really, as she was a very vibrant and active woman. Even at 85 years old. Because she had a lot of pain after her fall, she sat around a lot which resulted in her having multiple, extensive large pulmonary emboli. That resulted in a hospital stay and her becoming quite weak.  Now, this very independant woman is having difficulty living on her own and we are looking at senior housing for her. You can see the change in her emotional status. It's so very sad. We want to help her in every way that we can without pushing her into something she doesn't want or need. It's difficult being an adult child and reigning in your opinions and desires. It's not about us.... it's about her.  Mom has always been very upbeat and positive. At this point , she's very overwhelmed with everything going on. I pray every day for the strength we need to help mom and accept whatever her future holds...

No comments:

Post a Comment