My Life

My Life
I am happily married for 38 years. We have 3 married children and 6 beautiful grandchildren.Join me as I journey through life...

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Countdown

It's the day before Thanksgiving. I've already put the pumpkin pies in the oven and started on my sweet potato dish. Still to come is a new leek and mushroom bread pudding. The kids are supplying much of the rest of the side dishes. Great to have adult children.
We are celebrating Thanksgiving here , at our house, tomorrow. Jim's mom will be with us this year. That's the first time she'll be here in a long time. She usually chooses to go to his sister's house. I'm so hoping she has a good time. Feel almost like we've hogtied her into coming here. :(   She hasn't been feeling well this year, so we're extra thankful that she's here with us.
I am feeling a little " blue" this year and i"m not sure why. It's not the first year without my father, so I know that's not it. Can't quite place what the problem is. Oh, well, I'll just put it out of my mind and be grateful for all we have. We may not have the biggest house or bank account, but, we have each other and truly, that's the most important thing. I love my family so very, very much!!
Hope you and your family have the best Thanksgiving ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment