My Life

My Life
I am happily married for 38 years. We have 3 married children and 6 beautiful grandchildren.Join me as I journey through life...

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I'm a grandma. I've been a grandma for 9 1/2 years and I love it!! BUT, living with my grandaughter changes that dynamic of grandma/grandaughter. I babysit her all the time , so I have to discipline her also. I don't like it. I want to just be her grandma again!  That should be happening soon, as my daughter and grandaughter are planning on moving out soon. I know I will miss her immensely, but, I'm looking forward to the change. This morning, I take my grandaughter shopping to get things we need for our upcoming vacation. What started out as a fun trip turned into her not talking to me and me feeling the same way. She wanted me to buy her a pair of shorts and I said no. I have bought her everything since she was born, so I probably created teh problem, but, money is tight right now and I can't continue giving her everything she wants. The fact that she gets mad about that makes me angry and sad .  How can she not be grateful for everything we have given her , not the few things we've denied her?  Makes me sad..... hope she gets better about that the more I refuse her. ;)  Just not sure how to change her greedy nature.....

No comments:

Post a Comment